How often are you taking the time to acknowledge your self care needs? It can be so easy to neglect the deep areas of our self care, as we go about our daily lives and busy schedules. We must be intentional about acknowledging where we are within our individual self care journeys. When we choose to be intentional, then we can avoid pouring from an empty cup due to neglecting ourselves for so long!
- Live Well Tip of the Week: How often are you checking in with yourself? Are you pouring from your overflow or pouring from a deficit? Is your cup completely empty? This is why the recovery mode of self care is so important!
- A Quote from Our Host: “Know when to pull back and make the necessary adjustments to your daily routine during your recovery mode.” ~ LaKeisha Entsuah
7 Takeaways That You'll Learn From this Episode:
- Before beginning your self care recovery mode, start by acknowledging & writing down your areas of need. This will help you to develop a plan of action to achieve a successful recovery journey!
- Learn to adjust your boundaries by examining the people, places, and things that you are currently exposed to!
- Know when to pull back and make the necessary adjustments to your daily routine during your recovery mode.
- You must be checking in with yourself regularly to recognize the need to refill your cup!
- Know when to limit access to a person or thing that is draining you. It could be temporary or permanent. Adjust as necessary.
- Do an audit of your own schedule in order to determine where you can make adjustments.
- You can set yourself up for a successful self care recovery mode by also activating your support system! If you don't have a support system, begin to build your support system around the areas of your life that need the most attention.
Connect with Well Beauty Lab: