In today’s podcast episode, our very own host shares why she takes issue with the term ‘Mom Goals’!
- Live Well Tip of the Week: Comparison is the enemy of alignment. You can not be fully present with your own life & experiences, if you’re always comparing your life to someone else’s.
- Social media hashtags such as #Mom Goals, can cause unnecessary pressure, emotional pain, and mental health issues for some mothers. The term ‘Mom goals’, can cause us to strive for unrealistic goals.
- Someone else’s mothering journey doesn’t have to be your journey.
- We don’t know the truth behind closed doors or the reality of someone’s life behind a social media post. Social media only focuses on what can be seen publicly.
- Understand the difference between inspiration and comparison.
- Comparison interferes with our own intuition. It can cause you to question yourself and your own ability with raising your kids.
- Avoid comparison. Try to stay on the side of inspiration. Be realistic with what works for your family and your personal parenting needs.
- Remain in a place of humility even when receiving compliments on your parenting, so that you do not feel the need to keep up with a certain appearance of perfection. Afterall, parenting is not about meeting other people’s expectations!
- Is there a particular hashtag that you see on social media that really gets under your skin? If so let us know! We may even use it as a topic for an upcoming episode!