Saying “I’m over 40” is like saying, “Everything I did for my health up to this point doesn’t matter.” If you feel things aren’t working like they used to, this episode is for you. I had the opportunity to chat with Amy White. She’s an anti-aging nutritionist she gets straight to the heart of how you can look and feel younger – starting now!
The “Legacy Thought of The Week: “does your body need a tune-up?”
As I chatted with Amy I thought about how our bodies are a lot like cars. They need the right fuel, regular maintenance, and sometimes more extensive tune-ups to make sure they are operating properly.
I know that when my car breaks down, it is usually because one of these three things has occurred:
1) I didn’t change the oil regularly (this kills engines)
2) I didn’t properly maintain the engine (this can cause poor performance)
3) I ran something through the engine that caused damage (for example, not changing the air filter or not driving over 3000 miles between oil changes).
Healthy living is similar to this. If you want to, you must ensure that you take care of yourself in all areas: emotional, mental, and physical. You need to get enough sleep, eat well, and exercise regularly. When you do this, your body will work better and last longer!
Amy has been working with people over 40 for many years and has gained much insight into why many have such a hard time with body composition. The body is changing, and we need to change our approach to wellness.
The first step is to tune into your body and see what it’s telling you. Are you experiencing chronic pain or other symptoms that may be related to your diet or lifestyle? Do you have a hard time, losing weight no matter how hard you try? Or are you tired?
It’s essential to be aware of these things so we can make changes in our lives that will allow us to live healthier and happier for longer.
Here are some key points from our conversation:
1. Most body imbalances come from miscommunication.
2. We often over-fuel our bodies which is why we struggle with weight, even when we eat healthy foods.
3. We must learn how to optimize our bodies so they can lose weight, provide more energy or maintain weight based on what is happening in our lives.